The Institute is equipped with a state- of- the- art ATMOS Endo Stroboscope. It is used to assess vocal cord vibration patterns, mucosal pliability, the underlying layered structure of the vocal folds, and the undersurface of the vocal fold edges. It is particularly valuable when
- Assessing stiffness, scar or submucosal injury.
- Detecting small vocal fold lesions.
- Estimating the depth of invasion of the tumor.
- Identifying asymmetric mass or tension.
- Determining the resumption of voicing activities after phonosurgery.
We have examined over a hundred patients with voice disorders in the last 1 ½ months ever since the equipment had been installed.